Pick your favorite green tea smoothie recipes here,
and find out which one(s) you like best!
It’s a great alternative for kids (and adults) addicted to sodas and lemonades because it contains lots of antioxidants and other healthy ingredients but it TASTES deliciously as well!
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 large peach, sliced and pitted
- ½ a banana
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp honey
Brew ½ cup of green tea and chill with ice cubes or brew 1 cup of green tea and chill in refrigerator. Blend the green tea, banana, and peaches until smooth meanwhile adding honey for sweetness.
Recipe #2: Ice Cream Green Tea Smoothie
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream (or any other flavor)
- 1 cup brewed green tea (chilled)
- ½ banana
- ½ cup honeydew melon
Blend the tea with the banana and honeydew melon until slightly smooth. Add the ice cream. Blend for 20 seconds.
Green Tea Smoothie Recipe #3: Mango Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 decaffeinated green tea bag (or loose green tea)
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup mango, cubed
- 1 wedge fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of crushed ice
Heat water and brew tea. Let tea cool down. Blend cooled tea, mango, lime juice, and crushed ice until thick and smooth. Add ice to your preference.
Recipe #4: Mixed Berry Green Tea Smoothie (3 servings)
- 1 ½ cups chilled green tea (made with six tea bags)
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 tbsp honey
Heat water and brew tea. Let tea cool down. Blend cooled tea, banana, berries and honey until smooth.
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tsp green tea matcha powder
Blend yogurt, honey, ice cubes and matcha powder until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.
Recipe #6: Green Tea Mixed Fruit Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened mixed fruit, (peaches, melon and grapes)
- ¾ cup hot brewed green tea
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Blend mixed fruit, green tea, honey, and lemon juice until smooth and frothy. Serve at once.
Of course you can create different green tea smoothies yourself by adding fruit, ice cream or other ingredients!
Here are some tips when creating your own green tea smoothie:
1. Although powdered forms of green tea are available, brewing a fresh cup normally tastes better.
2. Fruit in a smoothie will naturally sweeten it but should you want to make it sweeter, we recommend to add honey or sweetener instead of normal sugar! (keeping it as healthy as possible!)
It’s up to you now
to create the best green tea smoothies!
Get the Paleo Recipe Book here!
These green tea smoothie recipes have been obtained from other websites (since I’m not such a smoothie-maker myself!). I just wanted to make sure you have all the recipes at hand to choose the one you prefer most.
However, you can find them all on the websites of: SmoothieRecipes, Smoothieweb, Womansday, Greensmoothierecipes, and Food.